What is covert narcissism?
People have been throwing the words “narcissistic personality” around so much that a person with covert narcissist traits can blend into a crowd even easier.
Unlike the usual symptoms of NPD such as:
- lack of empathy
- need for admiration
a covert narcissist does not show the usual behavior you would see in somebody that is craving for attention
Understanding narcissism is complex and going by what you see in movies and TVs can put you down the wrong path of proper knowledge.
The more information you are able to receive, the better you will be at learning the art of dealing with a narcissist.
With that being said, a covert will show the following unusual symptoms you would not commonly see in a narcissist:
You will be able to point out somebody with an overt narcissistic personality much quicker than the former covert narcissist.
overt traits in narcissism are much more obvious. They are the following:
- will rage and demand admiration
- constantly blame others
- drain people in relationships smug
- will do whatever it takes to gain sympathy
covert narcissist mother traits
However, behind closed doors, the relationship between the mother and their family is competitive and filled with emotional gaslighting.
A competition that involves one person, and one parent only.
A covert narcissist mother will make sure that the children’s job is to succeed.
Unfortunately, it is only to be successful in making her look good.
If this fails, punishment will be full of rage, shame and guilt on the children who grow up with this being their only job through childhood.
Anxiety and depression tend to build up for a child, but only a few are able to understand the need for a support group when they have become an adult.
Luckily, technology has made it possible to minimize the burden to get help and treatment with a convenient therapist.
The lack of being taught independence takes a heavy hit to a person’s self-esteem.
It’s very clear to see how subtle manipulation is so damaging to a child’s growing mental health.
Like a nick from an extra sharp razor, you don’t know you’ve been cut until you see the blood running down your leg.PsychCentral
- Father, entrepreneur and dedicated to helping people expose their narcissists so they can become free again. Mental health is easy to lose focus on when you are being gaslighted and manipulated but help is always around the corner!
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder2020.11.28How to destroy a narcissist in court and win
- Personality Disorder Definitions2020.11.20Signs of Parental Alienation in court
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder2020.10.31Narcissism coronavirus pandemic with narcissistic personality
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder2020.10.31Reversing parental alienation | Parental alienation syndrome